Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.cotswoldflatroofing.com.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
Information we collect from you
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
1. information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation and details);
2. information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
3. other information.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
1. administer the website
2. improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
3. enable your use of the services available on the website
4. send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
5. send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
6. end you email notifications which you have specifically requested
7. send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
8. provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
9. deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
10. keep the website secure and prevent fraud
11. verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
1. to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
2. in connection with any on-going or prospective legal proceedings;
3. in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
4. to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
5. to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.